Whether you need to scan printed barcodes on paper labels or mobile barcodes on the screen of a mobile phone, with the DS9208, you’ll be ready. You get the versatility to scan any 1D or 2D barcode — from the printed labels in retail that identify product and pricing at the register to mobile coupons, mobile gift and loyalty cards, boarding passes and even theatre tickets. And the DS9208 provides all the features you need to keep your workers productive: industry-leading scanning speed and true point-and-shoot scanning simplicity
Affordable next generation scanning for today's mobile world
The Zebra DS9208 hands-free presentation imager keeps checkout lines moving while ensuring customer satisfaction and sales by quickly scanning printed bar codes on paper labels or mobile bar codes on the screen of a mobile phone. You get the versatility to scan any 1D or 2D bar code – from printed labels in retail that identify product and pricing at the register to mobile coupons, mobile gift and loyalty cards, boarding passes and even theatre tickets. Plus, the omnidirectional DS9208 offers all of the features needed to keep workers productive: industry-leading scanning speed; true point-and-shoot scanning simplicity with no need to align bar code and scanner; and hands-free and handheld flexibility
The DS9208 not only helps your customers make money, it helps them save money. The device is so intuitive that training — and training-related costs — are virtually eliminated. Right out of the box, the DS9208 can read the most common 1D and 2D bar codes on a wide variety of surfaces — from paper labels to cell phone displays. Integrated Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) functionality also eliminates the need to purchase and manage a standalone EAS system.
DS9208 Key Features and Benefits
Scans 1D, 2D and PDF417 bar codes on paper, mobile phones and computer displays
- Scan virtually any bar code on any medium; supports the technology your customers are embracing — mobile bar codes
New small footprint and sleek design
- Most compact device in its class, fits in the most space constrained and design conscious areas, yet offers flexibility of a much larger scanner.
Handheld and hands-free modes
- Dual mode functionality saves time; keeps lines moving and minimizes wait times; eliminates the need to lift heavy items, reducing the opportunity for injury
- Select and scan a single bar code from a bar code menu or “picklist” — ideal for items that are too small for bar code labels
- Allows simultaneous scanning of a group of bar codes and reports only the selected bar code(s) in a pre-selected order.
Industry-first spherical exit window
- Improves scanning performance by minimizing stray light and reducing reflections to the imaging sensor